Monday, January 23, 2006

The Hard Working Monday Issue


W
elcome back to the Monday Issue! This week is sure to be filled with the random ramblings of the Scandal Press office (i.e. Harsh Reality). Over the past weeks the office has been practically a ghost town. The wind whistles through an open window, and the flip flap of a loose sheet of paper sounds in the back ground as it sails towards the worn carpet. The office is however pleased to report that it is glad to see the commenting room has been busy, despite the post was, as always, sacrificed for a debate about tinned products (PEACHES damn it, peaches!).

Y
ou may be pondering over my choice of title, there is a very good reason behind my option. This week I entered into the "World of Work", in the real sense of the phrase. First it began after Mr. Clarke informed me of the job offer at Campcraft in Bolton. Later that week I applied and, after the shortest interview I would ever have, the manager offered me a trial day last Saturday. So, now I have a Job and earn £30.25 a week. Lovely. PLus it's a job which I will actually enjoy as now I can get super cheap climbing gear, GREAT!

M
y oh my, how to end this weeks issue? I know, what about another debate? Right, what is the best hot drink? Coffee? Tea? Cuppa soup?

Until next Week

Harsh Reality

8 comments:

Scandal Press Editor in Chief said...

best hot drink: amaretto coffee

Freya said...

nooo it's hot choclat - and the best hot chocolat comes from Italy!!!

Scotty said...

HOT CHOCOLATE! It has to be but I must say that despite the ridiculous over-priced ones you find in coffee houses, they are usually the standard. I must say though that it's best to have a really well made one in the comfort of your own, or preferably someone else's, home!

Good issue there, most impressed by your job. It just shows that members of the SP team have great job prospects after working for the scandal publishing limited team*

*All Rights Removed

clarkey said...

the best hot drink.... well where to start... Hot Chocolate is definately up there in the realms of number 1 or 2, although Cadburys is good the best Hot Chocolate comes from a chocate shop just outside manchester, it's basically pure milk chocolate and is to die for. Although i fact making it yourself is another good idea.
Free Trade Coffee is another of the godly hot drinks it's just so much better than any other coffee. I'm also partial to a Latte in the morning, where Cafe Nero wins my vote for best Latte.
The world Famous Cuppa Soup is not on the whole worthy of mention amongst such brilliance although if the competiton was to make place on top of a snowy mountain it is in a league of it's own.

Scandal Press Editor in Chief said...

Harsh reality's new name is angel face as imposed by his little older brother who has every right to

clarkey said...

i'm sure i once heard the mother of "Angel Face" complaining that she never has photos of him without a daft expression on his face. Maybe such fotos should be made aware to her?? Cough*hint*cough

Scandal Press Editor in Chief said...

hint taken
p.s. because im such a jammy bastard i thought i'd show off and tell you all i've just bought a brand new phone. its a sony ericsson W550i, please do check it out on the web and be thoroughly jealous of me, thankyou.

clarkey said...

have you got a new number?

Ah i'm sure it's better than my phone, but me and technology are best left seperated, i'll stick to buying climbing gear and huge speakers that make my windows vibrate.