Monday, March 10, 2008

I should really be doing my dissertation

Hello to one and all,

I bet you didn't expect a post from me, i know i've been quiet of late but i intend to put that right.

First of all "Salut" to Jonah who is off in the land of the frog eating, garlic loving "surrender monkeys."

Apart from Jonah who is MIA, what's everyone else upto this easter?? i'm in Leeds for a bit of it but i'll also be in Bolton which should give some opportunity for atleast a few quiet pints down the Lion or a nice pint anywhere else.

Oh and this being the scandal press i guess i better tell you all some scandal, well did anyone hear the catholic churches new 7 deadly sins?
Number 1 was "one should not gather excessive wealth" coming from one of the wealthiest organisations in the world that's just a tad hypocritical.
Also that it's wrong to do damage to the environment, but they still are anti-contreception which is causing massive damage in the 3rd world with excessive population growth.
All this coming from a Pope who used to be a member of the Hitler Youth and a keen Nazi.
Insane or what??

Anyway, i need to go write a few thousand words before tomorrow so i'll be off.

See you all soon.

James

3 comments:

Scotty said...

I am still laughing at the memory of surely one of the most inspired notices from the strict but genius nature of Mr Wardle during an assembly:
'Boys are not allowed to throw one another from one playing level to the next and further behaviour will lead to the closing of the levels altogether'
Absolute genius, it reminds me of the Stephen Fry autobiography I just read and how cheeky he was at school:
"Late again, Fry?"
"Are you Sir too? What a coincidence!"
"Don't be so clever, boy"
"Very well then Sir. How stupid would you like me to be? Very stupid or only slightly?"

I am MIA but I am not becoming frog like nor am I developing frog-like qualities! c'est absurd, ah zut alors!

Adriana said...

I'm in Miami over easter and in Bonn a bit. Talking french is most deffinatly a frog like quality scotty, so dont you even try to hide it!

As to dear Mr Ratzinger there are some fakts that you seam to be missing out. No I'm not christan and I dont think highly of the cristian chirch at all. However it is a fakt that joining the hitler youth was obligatory after 1939 in Germany. As for being a keen Nazi ... as far as I know he hardly participated in anything in the war, mostly because of various illnesses. So what would then be hinting at being keen or not keen? I'm not trying to say that he is wonderful however, there are enough true things to laugh at when it comes to ...any pope that I can think of. Truly questionable is for example his letter sent in response to the sex scandals and his relationship to LĂșcia dos Santos.

clarkey said...

ok i will retract the Hitler Youth bits, but this is the Scandal Press and we here are committed to.... er.... rigorous..... fact checking